oh the waiting!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

nomorefingernails

Post by nomorefingernails »

Congratulations to your daughter and to you, you must be so thrilled :D
kentmum1

Post by kentmum1 »

Oh the injustice! where is the POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Son's best friend has got into Skinners and found out before going to school. We're hoping for TWBG but have not seen a postman anywhere! Help - I'm going to COMBUST!
Kent Mum

Post by Kent Mum »

Our postie's been- I practically snatched the letter out of her fingers as she tried to put it through the letterbox. Must apologise next time I se her!!!!!

My son got into his 1st choice grammar but we won't know the exact scores he got till he brings them home in a sealed envelope from school this afternoon. Like we care now!!!!

Nomorefingernails- I really hope your postie's been- or will come very soon.

The waiting is just horrible, isn't it?

Hang on in there, folks. By this evening we should all know one way or another.

GOOD LUCK to those still waiting.
kentmum1

Post by kentmum1 »

Got the post and he's in!!!!!!! Has got 1st choice grammar - Tunbridge Wells Boys Grammar. Let him open the letter and he screamed "it's my dream come true!" What a morning.................. Best of luck to those still waiting
nomorefingernails

Congratulations to you both :D

my postman has still not been and now I don't even have any skin where the fingernails used to be :shock:

Post by Guest »

I gave up waiting this morning and visited the head teacher who informed me that me daughter had excellent 11+ results. Arrived home to find that she's been offered her first choice. I'm so pleased for her.
kentmum1

Post by kentmum1 »

Have now got the scores - NVR 140, VR 140, Maths 125. Was told that as he is an October birthday, he probably only got a few wrong on the maths. It was interesting to note that even with this score, he probably would have been borderline for Skinners. With just a few wrong, that's incredible! Still, we're more than happy with our 1st choice.
nomorefingernails

The waiting is over :D She got her first choice, Invicta Grammar. Didn't get anything from the school or anything with her scores though. I don't care for now I am just so happy she got what she wanted.
Dover Mum

result

Post by Dover Mum »

My daughter got into Dover Grammer, feel so happy for her just hope all her friends got in to. I have had to doctor the letter as she wanted to open it!!!!
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

Waiting over. So happy for her. Just hope I behave better when go through it all again. Think whole family will leave home if I ever quite so neurotic again. Cried. She is so happy.