So has anyone had the letter today?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

pheasantchick

Re: So has anyone had the letter today?

Post by pheasantchick »

Forgot to mention yesterday, I heard that there were six people offered places form the waiting list, and all these scored 416.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

A boy in my son's class who scored 416 has also been offered a place at Judd but apparently doesn't want to go now ...he wants to go to the same school as DS..........who unfortunately can't stand him ! :shock:
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Maybe he found the whole process unsettling - I know we did. It was difficult to know whether to act as if ds was going to allocated (no 2) school, with the chance of going to no. 1 school, or give both equal weighting. Maybe your friend had accepted his future with 2nd school, and is finding the chopping and changing unsettling.
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

Just seen this, congratulations Pheasantchick...you must all be thrilled and so relieved.
Cancelling the appeal is such a good feeling....I remember it well. :D
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

It certainly was! :P
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

pheasantchick wrote:Maybe he found the whole process unsettling - I know we did. It was difficult to know whether to act as if ds was going to allocated (no 2) school, with the chance of going to no. 1 school, or give both equal weighting. Maybe your friend had accepted his future with 2nd school, and is finding the chopping and changing unsettling.

This poor boy didn't want to go to Judd in the first place....but his mother told me before they even took the test it was Judd or nothing ! :shock: I remember you saying you had discussed it with your ds and he wanted to carry on with the appeal etc, but this boy had absolutely no say in the matter in which school he'll be attending for years !
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Is there any news from anyone on the latest round of allocations or appeals?
robinia

Post by robinia »

Just rung up. They're sending out the letters today but can't give out information over the phone until Wednesday - at least that's what the person I spoke to said - seems a bit of a long delay to me. Will probably try again on Monday :D
Redsnapper

Post by Redsnapper »

Am so pleased you posted that Robinia. No letter came for us today and I was secretly hoping...
:)
Redsnapper

Post by Redsnapper »

No letter today :(
Anyone had one?