Anyone had their letter yet re:September's test centres?!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
vasu

Re: Anyone had their letter yet re:September's test centres?

Post by vasu »

We booked Premier inn for 16th. I am glad we don't have to drive down early in the morning before the test. Thanks
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
PianoPiano

Post by PianoPiano »

If you think about the costs of providing venues, invigilators etc, it's probably unreasonable to expect KCC to hold the tests over more than one morning for OOC candidates. At least the children get the chance to have a trial run the week before - even if they always seem to sit the Letts A paper.

My DS sat as OOC (although living in Kent he went to a Sussex school) 2 years ago and yes, it is an incredibly long and tiring day - be prepared to greet your DC with a hug and something nice and sweet to eat. But it's over and done with.

I think in some ways sitting over two days increases the tension, especially if day one didn't go exactly to plan (more time to fret) but there is something to be said for the advantage of familiar surroundings - home territory advantage!
franticmum

Post by franticmum »

Well done Vasu. I think you'll find the experience a lot less chaotic. We didn't sleep very well because of the Friday night revellers outside the window but our daughter did and that was the objective. Get to the hotel as quick as you can though, even if you have to leave the other half to come later as it really is important to get there early so they can wind back down again after being really excited about the room, tv, hot chocolate, etc. ... and don't forget the pens and pencils, etc for the test!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now