Day one of the Kent test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Chocolatey Mum

Day one of the Kent test

Post by Chocolatey Mum »

So, I have picked DD up from school and asked (casually) 'How did it go?'
Answer 'Good. I answered every question'.
Phew.
Then she added 'I had to guess three sections for the VR but I did put an answer for everything'
Aaarrrrhhhh.
'That's ok love'. Sweet smile (with teeth gritted)
Now I am worried - what did I not teach her.
Too late now. I tried investigating what type they were but she said ' I don't know- it's over now. What's for tea?'
So I'm left feeling quite worried. I hope she elaborates in her own time.
Maths tomorrow.

I have decided not to worry over the next four weeks and six days as life is too short. I will try and fill my time and not keep asking what questions came up because she obviously won't tell me. :roll:

I will use these next few weeks to live in ignorant bliss. :P
Blue Peter

Re: Day one of the Kent test

Post by Blue Peter »

Don't worry CM. Two years ago my son ran out of time in the VR, and randomly answered 12 questions, and still managed to score 140 - remember you only need to score about 70% to get 140.
katel

Post by katel »

Mine just said. "It was OK. Did you bake a chocolate cake?"

Only 4 weeks til I find out whether my policy of minimal preparation was sensible or foolhardy!
omg

Post by omg »

snap. ours left 2 sections blank and didn't even guess an answer and got 140 in VR. :shock:
bulu

Post by bulu »

Mine was incredibly chatty, which surprised me. He remembered all the vr types that came up, described which types were 'really hard', and even repeated several of the phrases and words. I've written it all down so I don't forget by the time we're allowed to share this info!

Hope he's as vocal tomorrow with the maths. Maybe we can begin to piece a real paper together with the combined power of epe users!
frustrated

Post by frustrated »

Ds2 said the VR wasn't done in sections - all in one go and told five minutes before the end when they were running out of time. I asked DS1 if VR was done in sections when he sat it a couple of years ago, and he said it is, so have they changed the format this year or is it just his vague memory?
bulu

Post by bulu »

I've just asked friend's children, who are veterans, and they both said vr was done in one go, nvr in timed sections.
frustrated

Post by frustrated »

Thanks bulu, that clears it up :D
JLT

Post by JLT »

My DS said the NVR was much harder than any practice tests he'd done. Did anyone else's DC feel the same? He's now very despondent about the whole thing as he appears to have done an awful lots of guessing.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

My DS ( and all the others ) said exactly the same last year and everyone seemed to struggle with the timings.However he still got 140 .What did the other children at school think ? If everyone found it hard the pass mark will be lower.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now