Chocolatey Mum

11 + Roller coaster

Post by Chocolatey Mum »

...................................................................T..E..R
...............................................................S
..........V..E............................................A
.......E........N.....................................O
....L..............P...............................C
E....................L..........................R.
..........................U..................E
.............................S............L
................................R..O..L

I'm roughly at the V ... waiting for the fall........... aaaahhhhh
All's well because it finishes on a high :lol:
Where are you?
sherry_d

Re: 11 + Roller coaster

Post by sherry_d »

You are certainly having a roller coaster :lol:

How long did it take you to type that out?
Impossible is Nothing.
vasu

Post by vasu »

Right next to you :P . I am scared of heights, speeds, impending exams.....right now there are bigger things than butterflies in my stomach. :shock:
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
Chocolatey Mum

Post by Chocolatey Mum »

Thanks Sherry_d.

It took ages because I had the idea earlier when I was on the Pod but it didn't work properly, so I sat at the lap top for a bit, fiddling around. It only works with the full stops otherwise all the letters merge when you press submit.So I had to start again a few times.

A bit like the 11+ process keep at it until you get it right.
Just1-2go

Post by Just1-2go »

vasu wrote:Right next to you :P . I am scared of heights, speeds, impending exams.....right now there are bigger things than butterflies in my stomach. :shock:
Me too!
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I only went through it less then a year ago, but it seems a lifetime ago now. I think for me, the emotional rollercoaster didn't really start until the day the results were due...you go over all the possibilities, how you will break the news to everyone, what you will do to celebrate, commiserate. I remember waking up a lot in the night with it all going over in my mind, but of course once the test is done it's all out of your hands , you have no control over your childs destiny...before you can just put the work in and feel hopeful, although of course there's the times they are tired or fed up and score 30% and you think aaaaaaaggghhh !!!!

What I can say is that your relationship with your child will change during this period, and I think I'm right in saying it will be for the better. :)
Muggle

Post by Muggle »

Love it!!!! I feel like I've had a couple of rides already.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I was just thinking what a nice little group we are here in Kent. Very supportive and full of good ideas ! :)
chocolate

Post by chocolate »

Hi

My daughter will be taking kent test in September, I went through the elevenplus rollercoaster 4 years ago with my son, who I am glad to say passed, and is thriving at Grammar school.

I am going through exactly the same process now with my daughter, it is like 'de ja vu'. She gets an excellent mark on a practice test one day and then gets a really low mark on another day, as you rightly say, a complete rollercoaster, and very frustrating how one day can vary so much from another. She desperately wants to go to the girls grammar school, but then moans sometimes about practicing, exactly as my son used to do.

I have been to a meeting with the primary school, who say that she had a great CAT score and her NC SATS levels are 4A's, and 5B for reading, so this all looks good.

I keep focusing on the fact that I have done this before and I can do it again, hopefully with a great result at the end again. This website is the best elevenplus website, and provides so much support, somewhere to turn to when you are feeling the pressure, and don't know which way to turn. The website gave me enormous support last time and will continue to help me this time too.
sargul

Post by sargul »

Hi,

Everyone has good and bad day hun adult or child! long as you checked the work and know its something she would normally get right then she will be fine her greades look great!
I think somedays they get so fed up with it their concerntration slips!

Good Luck
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now