Scores.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
frustrated

Re: Scores.

Post by frustrated »

Finally got DS's scores from the school. He passed the Maths and NVR, failed on VR. Still doesn't want a GS, so all good - I don't have to go through the trauma of an appeal :)
trixiebell

Post by trixiebell »

DGS......depends on how many local boys pass and apply. Last year lots of local Dartford boys took a majority of the places, therefore less places for OOB, pushing up required mark. My DS attends (YR7) only a handful of boys OOB! From my sons primary school last year, (2010) 10 transferred to DGS, 8 to Wilmington Boys.
Worried Mum

Post by Worried Mum »

Hi, I'm back again after 4 years, just got results today, my son scored 360 which I understand is the threshold pass mark, he got 135 VR, but 113 NVR and 112 Maths (when the pass mark is 119).

Is it worth appealing? He's always been above average and was working at level 3 at end of year 2 in all subjects and was on all level 4's when he left year 4. He is predicted level 5 SAT's.

Apparently most parental appeals went through last year in my area as the grammar school had so many spaces.

Any advice?

Thanks
blessedmum

Post by blessedmum »

Asking on behalf of a friend's son.
Lives in Greenhithe which i guess comes under kent
122 - non verbal
130 - Verbal
113 - maths
is this worth an appeal?
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

The scores this year look a lot lower then last year when quite a few seemed to score 420...unless everyone is being polite and sensitive ! I'm wondering why this is ? Only one child passed at my DC school and they all failed on the maths .I'm feeling a bit twitchy now for next year !
blessedmum

Post by blessedmum »

Re my last post.
Can someone please clarify.
My friend has been told by her ds's school that the cut off for her area is 370 with a minimum of 118 in all subjest. she said the head teacher told her its different for different areas. I dont believe this is right. Can someone please help. I have adviced her to call Kent County Council
SSM

Post by SSM »

All of Kent has the same pass mark which 360 and this year no one paper could be below 119.

However, schools have different oversubscription criteria, some based on distance, some on scores and some on both. So they might have meant that where she lives her DC would really need a score of 370 to get into a GS. Or they might just not know what they are talking about, as a surprising number of primary schools don't. :oops:
Muggle

Post by Muggle »

scarlett wrote:The scores this year look a lot lower then last year when quite a few seemed to score 420...unless everyone is being polite and sensitive ! I'm wondering why this is ? Only one child passed at my DC school and they all failed on the maths .I'm feeling a bit twitchy now for next year !
My experience is different ......... almost everyone I know seems to have scored 420!!!! The pass mark per paper rose from 117 to 119 this year, so I think the scores may have been higher than previous years.

(Only my humble guess though!!)
blessedmum

Post by blessedmum »

SSM wrote:All of Kent has the same pass mark which 360 and this year no one paper could be below 119.

However, schools have different oversubscription criteria, some based on distance, some on scores and some on both. So they might have meant that where she lives her DC would really need a score of 370 to get into a GS. Or they might just not know what they are talking about, as a surprising number of primary schools don't. :oops:
Thanks SSM, you are probably right as she has spoken to the school again and they stills tand on their word. He is looking at Gravesend Grammar. She is thinking of appealing next March.
dani*

Post by dani* »

There is some very good advice here on the appeals board. I don't meant to sound negative, but with a maths score of 113 I think you may need some very strong evidence that this was in fact a blib.

All the best.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now