Scores.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Lass

Re: Scores.

Post by Lass »

Muggle wrote:
scarlett wrote:The scores this year look a lot lower then last year when quite a few seemed to score 420...unless everyone is being polite and sensitive ! I'm wondering why this is ? Only one child passed at my DC school and they all failed on the maths .I'm feeling a bit twitchy now for next year !
My experience is different ......... almost everyone I know seems to have scored 420!!!! The pass mark per paper rose from 117 to 119 this year, so I think the scores may have been higher than previous years.

(Only my humble guess though!!)
I have to say, just going by our primary school, the pass rate has been the highest it has possibly ever seen!

My DD sat the 11+ 2 years ago and I think there was something like 12 out of 40-odd children that passed. The vast majority of children take the test, and although that year was an unusually low pass rate and included a couple of HT appeals, the "norm" for the school is somewhere between 30-50% .

I'm not aware that the school have done anything different as they seem to do very little in the way of 11+ practise apart from offering some homework packs to anyone who wants them during the summer hols. But this year there were over 30 passes out of 41 children that sat the test :shock: (over 75% so I'm told). My DS got a combined score of 403 (which I would actually say compares quite realistically to his sister's scores of 2 years ago, taking into account their differing strengths and weaknesses).

3 of DS's friends achieved 420, and the majority scored between 380 and 400.

Not sure if this info will be of use to anyone but I thought I'd share it!