chislehurst to dartford grammar?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
dunemigrating

chislehurst to dartford grammar?

Post by dunemigrating »

I know this has probably been spoken about a lot before but this is the main thing that puts me off DGS - the travel. Of course there is a bus which is good, but I'm quite worried about my son getting home late and then doing homework and how tired this will make him feel. If he joins any clubs excluding rugby on a Monday, I would be the one who has to pick him up from Chislehurst, after working all day and tagging along my other son. I would like to know how other people cope with this from my neck of the woods. Do parents get to know each other at all so that they can car share? Do the kids get tired with all that travel and homework?
The other question I have is about the IB diploma which they do. I have heard mixed views on this about being a disadvantage/advantage getting into uni. Can anyone enlighten me please? Sorry for so many questions!
trixiebell

Re: chislehurst to dartford grammar?

Post by trixiebell »

I can help with the IB.

My DD transferred to DGS from DGGS in the sixth form. She certainly had no diificulties in requiring a red brick uni offer. She has now graduated and has her first "big girls" job. She was told that during interview rounds how impressed they were by those that had studied the IB and favoured candidates with an IB background.

It is tough going and demanding, but pays dividends in the long run. In our experience the IB paved the way to a good uni, a good degree and importantly a decent career with an opportunity to progress.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now