How do you get your child into the 11 plus exams?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

lol

How do you get your child into the 11 plus exams?

Post by lol »

Hello

My child attends a school in Surrey, but we live in Kent. This means his school won't put him up for the 11 plus. I still want him to do it though. Does anyone know how it can be done? Who should I contact to get him onto the exam?

I'd be grateful for anyone's help.

He's only in Year Four at the moment. I have just found a tutor for him to help him pass the exam.

Thanks.

Lol
cindy

Post by cindy »

Hi lol,

I dont know the answer myself, but

kent.admissions@kent.gov.uk reply quickly or 01622 696565 if you are in a hurry to know.

hope this helps

Cindy
kentmum1

Post by kentmum1 »

As you live in Kent, you should still get a 'Common Application Form' from them for your secondary choices. Make sure you ring for one otherwise. If you name a grammar school on the form, then you should be notified when and where the exams will take place. The only disadvantage is the child often has to sit the exams all on one day, usually a Saturday, which can be heavy going. If your child is in a Kent school, they take them over two school mornings. The practice tests for the Saturday exams is usually the week before, at the same location. It's explained in the secondary school information book, available from KCC. As my children are at school in West Kent, they got this through their school, but you can ask them to send you one. These should be available at any time.

Post by Guest »

Thank you very much for your helpful replies.

Cheers

Lol
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now