Kent KCC is consulting on the admissions arrangements for 2013. This consultation opened on 15 November 2011 and runs until 13 January 2012. Admission Arrangements 2013
Community and Voluntary Controlled Schools
- Kent Community and Voluntary Controlled Schools
- Secondary Voluntary Aided and Foundation schools A-R
- Secondary Voluntary Aided and Foundation schools S-Z
- Proposed Co-ordinated Scheme for Secondary Admissions
Secondary Voluntary Aided and Foundation schools
- Tunbridge Wells Grammar School for Boys: it is proposed that a catchment area be introduced.
For this category you may need to check with individual schools for any amendments to their admissions policies and subsequent consultation documents.
Those GS that have furnished KCC with arrangements include:-
- Dartford Grammar School
- Mayfield Grammar School
- Simon Langton Grammar School for Boys
There is now a consultation published on SLBS website, it seems they are planning to tighten up a bit on their admission criteria due to the oversubscription level and the fact that they now only seem to be coming out 5 miles or so when previously it was much further. From 2013 they are proposing that preference be given to boys who live within 9 miles of the school and who have a minimum overall score of 385 in the Kent Test.
*Thanks to frustrated who spotted the consultation documents.