Newbie to this site, and to Kent... any advice welcome!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

iclaudia

Re: Newbie to this site, and to Kent... any advice welcome!

Post by iclaudia »

Thanks for all these responses - very helpful. Especially the person who guessed they might not have been born yet... :D I'll have you know they are twins and are about to celebrate their.................... second birthday. Do I win a prize? :lol:
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I think Matfield regularly wins Village Of The Year...think you might need to worry more about what you're going to put in your hanging baskets ! :)
mystery

Post by mystery »

I would never move there then. I'm forever hitting my head on hanging baskets.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Dyspraxia or too much wine ?
tedolita

Post by tedolita »

When I moved to Rochester( back in July 1999) I chose my house because it was next door to the local Grammar schools ( both girls and boys). I did not even had children yet,although I was pregnant at the time, but I was planing ahead :D . My eldest is now at the boys grammar school, and his brother should be joining him next year, as he has passed his 11+ this year, which proves that if you plan ahead and focus on what you want, you have a better chance of getting there.... or maybe I'm just a slightly mad control freak :? .
Good luck with the move, and choose your primary well.
Last edited by tedolita on Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Oh yes, you might be far ahead with your secondary school thinking, but really very behind with your primary. :lol: Most people round here plan the primary before they conceive, then book their child into the pre-school from which a lot of children go to the primary, then they don't have to keep on making friends as they'll be with the same people from 2 - 11.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now