Your Thoughts !!.... Kent Scores...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Westerham Dad

Your Thoughts !!.... Kent Scores...

Post by Westerham Dad »

My Son sat for Bexley (Passed with a high score) he also sat for Kent and scored 414, we decided due to our geographical location (Biggin Hill) to opt for 5 Kent schools (Choices 2 - 6, Judd, Dartford, Wilmington, Skinners and TWBGS), I'd be really interested in your thoughts on his chances for the 5 schools listed, Thank you....... :)
blessedmum

Re: Your Thoughts !!.... Kent Scores...

Post by blessedmum »

I think this thread should be moved to Kent since all the schools you listed are all Kent schools not Bexley
Westerham Dad

Post by Westerham Dad »

Wondered why there was a lack of replies !!.... thanks blessedmum, I'm new to this, will resolve later....cheers.....
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

blessedmum wrote:I think this thread should be moved to Kent since all the schools you listed are all Kent schools not Bexley
I've moved the thread to Kent.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Is Biggin Hill in Kent? Which authority did you send your CAF to? Did you fill it up with five grammars or do you have some other choices on there?

Short of getting some good answer on here, I think the best thing is to read the admissions policies for each of these schools and see how your home location affects your chances, and find out about past years' cut-off scores (for superselectives) to see how your son's scores would have placed you in previous years.

Of course, there is then waiting lists and appeals ........ make sure you do all of that if you get nothing on 1 March.

Do you know what you are likely to get if you don't get any of your five grammar choices on 1 March?
Westerham Dad

Post by Westerham Dad »

Thanks mitasol.............

Hi Mystery, our first choice is St Olaves... if he doesn't get any of the 6 Grammar Schools we have picked then it will be Trinity or Eltham College.........We are hoping that 414 will get us one of our Kent choices though !!......A lot of the Kent schools do allocate a high % of places to high scorers....... so stressful !!.........

Our CAF went to Bromley......
West Kent Mum

Post by West Kent Mum »

Skinners and Judd goes on scores only. Looking at last years' scores, 214 may be a little low for Judd, but should give your DS a good chance for Skinners. For TWGBS you need to pass 11+ and live in "catchment area". The area change a little from year to year depending on how many apply for the schol. In any case, Biggin Hill is quite far from TW so would be surprising if your DS would get offered a place.
Westerham Dad

Post by Westerham Dad »

Thanks West Kent Mum..... to be Honest TWBGS was our last choice... (outside choice)... hopefully he'll get either St Olaves, Darford, Judd, Wilmington or Skinners.......fingers crossed..... !!!.... :)
West Kent Mum

Post by West Kent Mum »

Skinners' score was below 410 last year... Good luck!
Westerham Dad

Post by Westerham Dad »

Thanks West Kent Mum.... I also know that the amount of children that took the Kent exams last year was exceptionally high, so hopefully the marks this year will drop from 417 as the number of children sitting this year should be lower............cheers...........
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now