Any year fours out there?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
kingsgen

Re: Any year fours out there?

Post by kingsgen »

mystery wrote:That's interesting. Which grammars in Kent take children a year early? I didn't think the Kent admission system could cope with it! BTW 420 in Kent is not strictly 100%. You can get quite a few questions wrong and still get 420.

Do they do the age related standardisation correctly in Kent for a child who is outside the normal age range for Kent when sitting the test?
Check from the prospectus and the admission guidelines of the grammar schools. Some do including St. Olaves although not KCC school but some KCC grammar school do as well
Fluffy66

Post by Fluffy66 »

Hi Sparx

I've seen your post several times and haven't quite brought myself to reply yet but i am a Y4 Kent mum!

I have to admit i have bought the Y4 10 min Bond books but have yet to anything with them except challenge myself with them :lol:
We play quite a lot of games anyway and my DS seems to be doing very well at school. However we didn't have a good experience with my older DS and ended up appealing therefore i'm very wary of ending up in the same position again. Having said that this DS is a different kettle of fish entirely :?
;kysiesmum

Post by ;kysiesmum »

I have a year 4 and a year 8, it only seems like yesterday I was on here going through the 11+ with him :shock: :shock: I haven't started doing anything with ds2 yet, we play games but that's about it.