IB

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

kentmum1

IB

Post by kentmum1 »

Are there any hints of the IB being introduced into any of the other West Kent Grammars, apart from TOGS?
Jolly Togger

Post by Jolly Togger »

Not heard of any hints, but who knows? There will be a LOT of change in the curriculum over the next few years and I expect the options for children will expand as many schools start to introduce the new diplomas which will run alongside existing A-levels. These will require more sixth-form collaboration among all the schools and so there will be more pupils moving around schools after their GCSEs.

While it will probably grow, I expect the IB is likely to remain a minority part of the overall picture. You might expect Judd or Skinners to consider it, the others may not. Those pupils particularly suited to it may choose to change schools in the sixth-form - eg to TOGGS or whoever else is offering it.
katel

Post by katel »

Simon Langton is moving that way.
mother

Post by mother »

As a Judd parent with a child very very keen to do IB, we recently enquired if there would be a move towards introducing this in the near future - answer was an emphatic NO! I suppose this does mean that we will see more movement in 6th form - in our area TOGS or Sevenoaks (if you can afford it!!!!!)
Jolly Togger

Post by Jolly Togger »

mother wrote:As a Judd parent with a child very very keen to do IB, we recently enquired if there would be a move towards introducing this in the near future - answer was an emphatic NO!
Interesting! Did they say why not? I wonder if they dont see enough value in it for pupils... or whether it is just too expensive/impractical for the school to implement?
kentmum1

Post by kentmum1 »

I agree that there will be a lot of changes in the curriculum and with the A* A-levels being introduced from 2010, then it will certainly affect decisions over IB. Son is going to TWGSB but would certainly consider moving him if he wanted to do the IB and they weren't moving that way. Katel, do you think Simon Langton would move that way because of Barton Court? It must certainly put pressure on lother local grammars to offer same choices.
guest000

Post by guest000 »

My son is going to Dartford Grammar and i have been told they do the IB there.