Cranbrook taking admissions at 11?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
neurotic kent mum

Re: Cranbrook taking admissions at 11?

Post by neurotic kent mum »

And I assume there will be a 2015 13 plus intake. The last 13 plus intake. Does every where out there think this is right? I am so disappointed this is not happening 2013
Last edited by neurotic kent mum on Thu May 03, 2012 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
zvrk

Post by zvrk »

neurotic kent mum wrote:Parents have now received letters confirming admission from 11 years in 2014. Sad for those of us entering 2013 as means those younger will be installed first and therefore more confident in surroundings and sadly I suspect educational concentration will be on the year below - they will need them to achieve highly!
it is not yet confirmation (but it's a matter of time) more like information about their intensions. Formal application hasn't been made yet.
mystery

Post by mystery »

So why does NKM's letter confirm admissions from age 11 in 2013?

Selfishly I wanted it to stay as it was as it would have given a "second bite" of the cherry at 13. I need to go and look at it sooner than I thought ...........
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

Because that was the information I had! - word of mouth only! So am sure that it is at the moment for information only. Ignore the word confirmed!
zvrk

Post by zvrk »

End of the letter sent to parents re 11+ for Cranbrook School

We would welcome your response to this proposal, both negative and positive, which should be
received by 16th June 2012. Please respond in writing to Mrs A Daly, Cranbrook School, Waterloo
Road, Cranbrook, Kent. TN17 3JD or by email to dalya@cranbrook.kent.sch.uk.

In addition we are holding a meeting on 13th June at 7.30 in the Queen’s Hall Theatre. Anybody
is welcome to attend this meeting to air their views and we look forward to seeing some of you on
that occasion.
Samlet

Post by Samlet »

There is an explanation of this on 'he who must not be named's website.
laurash

Post by laurash »

Yes, they have confirmed that they will take new Year 7s and boarders at year 9.
nina1on

Post by nina1on »

I think it is not clear if they are going to keep intake at 13 :0( This is on the web site
"The Governors of Cranbrook School are considering the possibility of a move to admitting local day students at age 11 rather than the current age of 13."
The word "rather" looks like they will be only admitting from 11+?
laurash

Post by laurash »

I am a parent at Cranbrook and the letter we have received says entry at Year 7 for day pupils and at year 9 for boarders.
laurash

Post by laurash »

Here's part of the letter.
Bear in mind that it is at consultation stage at the moment and the letter is on behalf of the governors of Cranbrook School.

'They would look to accept their first intake in 2014 in to Year 7 whilst also taking in at Year 9. The following year would see the same pattern.

Following that, the main day intake would only be at Year 7 but with the boarding intake remaining at Year 9. There is comparatively little demand for boarding for younger students and our boarding houses are not well adapted to their needs.'
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now