1st March 2012 cut off distances and scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
PianoPiano

Re: 1st March 2012 cut off distances and scores

Post by PianoPiano »

mystery wrote:Cor, that was a big change over the years. Has it changed much after waiting list adjustments?
The September 2010 intake dropped about 5 points - at the start of September a child on 404 was 5th on the waiting list. That year there were 16 boys who declined their place at Judd after offer day so it had a knock on effect for Skinners'.

However I was told that the September 2011 scored only dropped a point or two from 407.

I think it depends to some extent on what happens at Judd and how many places are declined there. And because of the standardisation curve, when the cutoff is lower there are more children with that score so the movement doesn't seem to be as much.
Nanny Ogg

Post by Nanny Ogg »

kingsgen wrote:
Muggle wrote:
Tracy wrote:Muggle, that's really interesting re Dartford Girls.
When the school re-jigged its admission criteria, the Head was adamant that this scenario would not occur. She said that they has always been able to offer places to Dartford parish girls then, it a nutshell, take the pick of the rest. This policy has now got to have backfired.
Yes, I think the school has shot itself in the foot. They were very surprised and it's not in their best interests that this has happened.
Even children living about 1 mile from Dartford Grammar for girls would not have got place. It is shameful. We live in Crayford (Bexley)1.1 miles to DGSG and share the same postcode with Dartford but I thank God that I do not have a girl who attempted the test and applied to DGSG, it would have been disheartening as 420 could not get in.

I feel sorry for children who lives in Crayford and scored between 410 and 414 and they couldn't get into Dartford Grammar School.

This is one of the reasons the cry for scrapping the whole 11plus is loud. I think we should lobby our politicians to support the idea of establishing more Grammars schools in Bexley and Kent. Lewisham, Greenwich and Bromley residents can you please ask your politicians to establish Grammar schools in your borough as well. Free schools and academic status is not substitute for Grammar schools. We need more grammar schools not free schools.
We must be neighbours...we too live 1.1 miles from DGGS, in Crayford! This year's admissions to DGGS has been very unnerving, I am already trying to prep our eldest, who fell in love with DGGS on open evening, that even if she passes with a top score, there is a very strong possibility that she may still not get in...despite the fact that it is our closest Grammar, and within walking distance :(
Nanny Ogg

Post by Nanny Ogg »

Blametheparents wrote:Zone 'A' is different for Dartford Boys than for Dartford Girls, though.
For the boys' grammar it is a much smaller area, whereas for DGGS it extends much further.

For DGS my son was counted as an ooc applicant for entry in 2012, luckily he got a space.
However, for girls the area that I live in is counted as 'in catchment'.

I don't think DGS will ever take all 150 spaces from it's Zone A, whereas this has happened at DGGS as their published 'catchment' area is much larger.
Blimey, how small is Zone A for the Boys then, as it's only 1.0 miles for DGGS??! :shock:
DaddyOh

Post by DaddyOh »

DaddyOh wrote:417 did not get Judd 5 miles away
417 did get Skinners 6 miles away

417 has now been offered Judd in the second round at 5 miles away

Hope others got what they were hoping for.

DaddyOh
nina1on

Post by nina1on »

Did anyone hear about Dratford Grammar for Boys? Did they go down on marks for the waiting list? Thanks
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

Daddyoh,

Just wondered if you knew how many places had been offered off the waitlist for these schools?

Thanks
tigger
scaredkentmum

Post by scaredkentmum »

DaddyOh wrote: 417 has now been offered Judd in the second round at 5 miles away
Hope others got what they were hoping for.
DaddyOh
Well done, what a relief for you and your son.
bompey

Post by bompey »

DaddyOh

Did you phone or did you receive a letter? I've got my fingers crossed for this round but I'm stuck at work and can't bear the wait.
crispin

Post by crispin »

GOOD Luck to everyone. BUT PLEASE, if you receive a place from a waiting list, do please ring your previously offered school as soon as possible to say that you don't need that place anymore, so that this can be offered to another child. Thank you!
DaddyOh

Post by DaddyOh »

Hi, not sure how many have been offered we just got the letter from kcc.

I guess the schools will have that info when they are back on Monday.

Will let both schools know of DS's decision then too.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now