Highworth Grammar school for girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
U400JB9

Re: Highworth Grammar school for girls

Post by U400JB9 »

I have a respite this year....my last one is a 2012 sitter for 2013. :D But she is a girl
WillowTheWisp

Post by WillowTheWisp »

I also think it's worth pointing out that this school does fill if there are enough qualified girls but in EK there does seem to be a bit of a dip this year again. In the past it has been oversubscribed by quite a number so with the increase in PAN having an effect also it's 'looking' less popular than it is.

As for the NKS buildings, I like the school less than I did (am not good at accepting change, it's a worry I know), however I find the curtains in the hall a bit nostalgic as we once inherited a sofa in that fabric :lol: :lol:
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

I do agree with the dip in the age group. My daughters primary is over subscribed and has a waiting list... but there are spaces in the year 5/6 class....which is very unusual. I believe there was a drop in children generally in Canterbury applying for secondary school places and I note there are no appeals going on in the area either ( based on the appeals thread on here).

I don`t think that is entirely due to the rise in the pass mark. I think its a low year group ( 9 year 6`s at our school, 11 year 5`s) We`ve already been invited to open days at grammar schools no where near us, which didn`t happen for my daughter who`s no in year 8.

Was tv particularly good in 2000/2001 :shock: :wink:
Redsnapper

Post by Redsnapper »

I know the feeling Willow, and we only started in Sept! :shock: :)
Will think of you now, when I'm in the hall!
Peter

Post by Peter »

From another website: "Usually heavily oversubscribed. Local girls will get in. Outstanding OFSTED May 2009. 16 spare places on 2nd March 2010. However for 2011 entry it was 18 qualified first choices oversubscribed. The seesaw continued in 2012, with 37 free spaces, the PAN having been raised from 174 to 180".
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now