Dress Code!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

TWguest

Dress Code!

Post by TWguest »

I am a TW mum with a son going to grammar in September. I have noticed the increased scruffiness of boys from both of the schools, with shirts hanging out, etc. Are the schools trying to improve this, or am I just "out of fashion!" :D
Proud Mum

Post by Proud Mum »

I can only comment on Skinners' as I do not know the dress code at TWGB. Skinners' expect their boys to wear there shirts tucked in and blazers worn even on the way to and from school.

They have an appereance card which is signed if they are caught not complying with the code. Signatures results in detentions. All I can say is let's hope the ones not complying get spotted by a prefect on the way home!!!
twmum

Post by twmum »

That sounds encouraging! I also noticed lots of "dress code" posters, with the threat of detention or lost lunch hours, when we looked at TWBGS. I know that the previous head of this school was very strict about it but do not know anything about the new one.
cupcake

Post by cupcake »

TWGSB are also introducing "appearance cards" from September. Guess the new Head had to settle in first! Maidstone Boys have used these and also Judd.
TW

Post by TW »

It never ceases to amaze me how Twggs girls hemlines seem to shorten as the girls progress through the school.Some of them barely cover anything!
They seem to be so smart in year 7 and by the time they get to year 10 they look like they are going to a night club.The amount of make-up they wear must take them ages to apply in the morning.
The school seem very lax on uniform standards and general behaviour .I think an appearance card would be a good thing but I am sure that a few of the wayward will see it as a badge of honour to have lots of signature on it!