Folkestone and Dover Girls Appeals

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
GuiltyMum

Folkestone and Dover Girls Appeals

Post by GuiltyMum »

Hi Everyone

I've been lurking for awhile, whilst trying to motivate DD1 for 11+ test.

I was wondering those who applied for the Folkestone or Dover Girls whether successful or not. Do you know if the schools were undersubscribed this year and whether appeals had been successful. I had heard that the Folkestone Girls school had 69 places left and only 60 girls appealed and all were successful.

This is a great (but sometimes scary) forum, but the Kent section for the Dover, Folkestone and Ashford areas don't seem to have as much activity,as West Kent or the Ramsgate/Margate areas.

If anyone out there, can give their experience and any info for this year's results or any spaces etc, I would be very, very grateful.

Thank you to all posters
marshmum

Re: Folkestone and Dover Girls Appeals

Post by marshmum »

Hi,

We have successfully appealed for a place at FSG this year for our dd2 ( dd1 gained a place last year ) :D

According to the Executive Head and one of the Deputy Heads we spoke to following our appeal they had 68 places available and less than that in appeals. However they also stated that not all of those that appealed were successful.

Personally although we found the appeal process very stressful the panel were very nice. They were very thorough and really made us provide a lot of evidence that our dd was at the right level academically for the school and spoke a lot about not being willing to put girls in her were not going to be able to achieve well.

Hope this is helpful to you. Unfortunately I know nothing about Dover grammar.

Marshmum x
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now