Any Nfer standardised test expert out there

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Jini

Any Nfer standardised test expert out there

Post by Jini »

Hi All,

Anyone can shed some light on the Nfer score? My 9 year old DD sat the tests a couple of weeks ago and just got the results.
English 130
Maths 140
Verbal reasoning 129
Non-verbal reasoning 140

we will go to the school after half term so that they will explain the scores but in the mean time if anyone knows anything what all this means let me know. Apparently it gives the school an idea if DD is grammar school material!!! She is a 2013 taker! Someone mentioned that if a child score 140 it means they are off the scale and scored 100%. DD is really bright but these numbers at the moment are just numbers to me :?
mystery

Re: Any Nfer standardised test expert out there

Post by mystery »

Excellent scores. If you google you'll find an NFER document which shows you what centile of the population these standardised scores place her in. But rest assured, they are very high. Should be able to have a good shot at the superselectives too. You get the Kent test result before you put schools on your CAF so it's quite straightforward deciding whether to put a superselective down or not.

Passing should be a no-brainer, except of course children do mess up on the day, and you need to know the maths syllabus well for the Kent maths test.

These scores will stand you in very good stead if she flunks it for some spurious reading and you need evidence for an appeal.