Can they write on exam papers?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Summerglow

Can they write on exam papers?

Post by Summerglow »

I was wondering if dc can write on the exam paper? My dd finds it easier for example in vr to cross out incorrect answers to narrow down the ones left. then marking the answer sheet.

is this allowed?
pheasantchick

Re: Can they write on exam papers?

Post by pheasantchick »

Yes they can, although some Invigalators say they can't.
Summerglow

Post by Summerglow »

So they can in the actual test? :?:
mystery

Post by mystery »

Yes they can. You can get KCC to confirm this to you by e-mail. I don't know for the life of me why some invigilators tell children they can't. No matter what I tell my child before an exam they are far more likely to believe the invigilator than me.

Summerglow, will your child be sitting the exam at school or a Saturday test centre? If it's at school maybe you can check with the school beforehand to make sure that they do not tell children they can't write on the test paper?
dadofkent

Post by dadofkent »

mystery wrote:Yes they can. You can get KCC to confirm this to you by e-mail. I don't know for the life of me why some invigilators tell children they can't. No matter what I tell my child before an exam they are far more likely to believe the invigilator than me.
This is correct. I actually gave my DD a copy of the email in case there was a problem.
mystery

Post by mystery »

That's a good plan - but if you went in to a Saturday test centre with a bit of paper wouldn't that be against the rules in itself and lead to an upsetting start to the exams?
Summerglow

Post by Summerglow »

My daughter will be sitting the test in school, so I will speak to them before hand thanks :D
Who at kcc do I need to email to confirm?
mystery

Post by mystery »

I e-mailed secondary admissions, and the response came from Gabrielle Reay who is responsible for the 11plus process I think.
Summerglow

Post by Summerglow »

Fab thank you again :)
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

DS1 informs me that it's actually written on the front of the exam paper that they may do rough workings on the question paper.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now