'rewards' for passing - peer pressure

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
suzanne

Re: 'rewards' for passing - peer pressure

Post by suzanne »

I took my DD to Wembley with a friend to see the X Factor tour which was after the exam but before the results. They really enjoyed it.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

I'm sure there was a similar thread to this two years when ds1 took the exam, ( seems so long ago now) and there were talk of people getting ponies after getting into GS, because their parents would no longer have private school fees to pay. However, that may be an urban myth, or my memory failing.
faitaccompli

Post by faitaccompli »

Bought mine a kindle - something useful as well as some pretty technology. It's been used a lot so proving its worth.

I don't see why children should not be rewarded for extra effort. In the workplace, people are rewarded with promotions or extra money for doing well or going over and above the call of duty.

When I was 10 (a few years ago) my father gave me 50p for every piece of piano music I learned - it was a wonderful incentive!
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

pheasantchick wrote:or my memory failing.
Or all that NVR has destroyed brain cells PC :lol: It certainly fired up parts of my brain that hadn't been used for a very long time. Good riddance to it!
CoffeeCup

Post by CoffeeCup »

Interesting reading!

The pony after passing as no longer paying school fees made me literally lol !
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now