Anyone know the best site for honest school reviews?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

raymae

Anyone know the best site for honest school reviews?

Post by raymae »

Help .....
We took our son to two mainstreem schools recently (should he not qualify for grammar) We thought we had found the perfect one, but have since heard lots of negative things about it :( Another school we had in mind, i have since discovered they have very low grade statistics and not a great ofstead. It seems that we have also got to attend grammar open days before knowing if our son has passed as lots of the dates fall before results are in. Im wondering if anyone knows of any good websites that give honest reliable read ups on secondary schools?
tonbridgemum

Re: Anyone know the best site for honest school reviews?

Post by tonbridgemum »

have you looked at the 'parent view' website. I think its run by OFSTED but you can answer a series of questions about your childs school. There are questions about bullying, homework and managment etc. I think you can search for a school without registering but actually once you have you will probably want to 'rate' your current school :lol:
didcot2002

Re: Anyone know the best site for honest school reviews?

Post by didcot2002 »

I always look at the parent/carer questionnaire section of the latest Ofsted. If more than 60% of parents/carers respond then I feel it augers well..then look at the comments. It's a slow process though!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now