Perceptive or paranoid?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
doodles

Re: Perceptive or paranoid?

Post by doodles »

Well you wouldn't be able to hear what anybody was saying and "ignorance is bliss" in my book - tutu and 11+ results :lol: :lol: :lol:
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

I am in complete agreement. Ignorance is bliss. I had the most dreadful time 2 years ago when dd told me her books had been collected in. I am deliberately avoiding all such conversation with ds but still wondering if they will ask for last year's books. On the the plus side work is a wonderful place to be.
Last edited by neurotic kent mum on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hair bear bunch

Post by Hair bear bunch »

At our school the books are taken in of all the children who sat the test, just to not single anyone out, I always find that the scariest time.
I hate the fact we don't find out which school they have been given until March. My eldest was given her results and school at he same time but that was seven years ago when you also had to put your caf in before you had results! :?
Mama2

Post by Mama2 »

The results were e-mailed at 8am yesterday morning to Kent schools and it would certainly be discussed with the year 6 teacher and usually the main topic of conversation in the next staff meeting.
The appeals will be heard on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday next week.
I too feel sick and don't think I can now look at the HT or Teacher without scrutinising their body language or expressions.

We are very new to the 11+ and only moved to Kent itself at the end of august, so DD started a new school a week before the test. We decided lastminute to go for the 11+ after deliberating and posing lots of questions on this wonderful forum.

I have to say, my attitude up until now has been what will be will be and if she can do it on her own merit then so be it. After being in the playground for a few weeks and the talk about the elusive 11+ that no one talks about :!: I now Definatley fit into the paranoid club. Is there a membership?

Today after school DD said " We had some year 6 tests today, just reading age and Maths stuff" which I thought nothing of.

So after reading this post, Im now being paranoid and thinking Uh-Oh is this something to do with the 11+. So am I being paranoid???
frangipani

Post by frangipani »

Today after school DD said " We had some year 6 tests today, just reading age and Maths stuff" which I thought nothing of.

So after reading this post, Im now being paranoid and thinking Uh-Oh is this something to do with the 11+. So am I being paranoid???
Same happened last year with my dd's class. I figured they needed up to date levels in case of appeals, that makes sense to me...
frangipani

Post by frangipani »

Ok, so how on earth do you make a quote?? Mine totally failed :lol:
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

Difficult to say. But suspect if school is appealing they need some data. And that applies to everyone in you dd class not just her so you don't know who needs the data! Assuming they all did the the same tests today. Paranoid is fine - join the kent 2012 thread and meet doodles with her head in the bucket, scarlett and her tutu and the rest of us neurotic, paranoid parents!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Frangipani - you need to take the / out of the first set of square brackets ....

I've sorted the wonky quotes out above - if you click "edit" (bottom right) you can see how the codes look
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Is there another room in the bucket?

DS had the usual weekly spelling and maths test yesterday. I was quietly very relieved that he did well, just in case it was needed as evidence.
GPmum

Post by GPmum »

Our year 6 are off on a week's residential on Sunday with the HT - how will that work if all appeals are to be held next week :shock:

Or do some schools have different allocated weeks for appeals :?: