which Grammar school likely to offer an out of county place

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
desperado

which Grammar school likely to offer an out of county place

Post by desperado »

Hello all. could someone please advice me on which Kent Grammar school is likely to offer a place to my daughter considering the fact that we live out of county--LONDON. we took the kent test at Mayfield grammar and the journey time was only 20mins from London KingsX. Initially,we were looking for her to board but this is no longer an option due to financial setback.
thanks
Desperado :?:
Blametheparents

Re: which Grammar school likely to offer an out of county p

Post by Blametheparents »

Mayfield Grammar would take out of county girls.
Last year, for example, they did not fill their places at the time of the first allocation on 1st March.
Samlet

Post by Samlet »

Further out, Chatham Grammar School for Girls, although in Medway, will accept a Kent pass and would have spaces on March 1st so you would get in ooc.
desperado

Post by desperado »

Blametheparents wrote:Mayfield Grammar would take out of county girls
Last year, for example, they did not fill their places at the time of the first allocation on 1st March.
BDP,
many thanks for your response. I really like Mayfield and the journey is not tedious at all.hope my DD gets a pass mark :D
desperado

Post by desperado »

Samlet wrote:Further out, Chatham Grammar School for Girls, although in Medway, will accept a Kent pass and would have spaces on March 1st so you would get in ooc.
Thanks.I will check how long it takes from kingX to the school.would you know which one is more academic, chatham or mayfield
Samlet

Post by Samlet »

Sorry, can't help you with that, other than to suggest the usual research on exam results, ofsted and their websites.

Chatham would add about 15-20 minutes to the train journey and involves a walk or bus to the school so journey time might be a factor, I just thought I'd let you know there was another option.

Oh, and ticket costs for the high speed trains from St Pancras are HIGH!
kingsgen

Post by kingsgen »

desperado wrote:Hello all. could someone please advice me on which Kent Grammar school is likely to offer a place to my daughter considering the fact that we live out of county--LONDON. we took the kent test at Mayfield grammar and the journey time was only 20mins from London KingsX. Initially,we were looking for her to board but this is no longer an option due to financial setback.
thanks
Desperado :?:
Wilmington for Girls will offer her a place. People do come from London to Wilmington but later on buy or rent in Dartford or Crayford, Bexley, Sidcup even eltham
desperado

Post by desperado »

Grrreat news.hope my dd achieve the required mark :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now