Results date has changed!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
anotherworriedmum

Re: Results date has changed!

Post by anotherworriedmum »

Am I allowed to scream; aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

I think I need to put my head back in the bucket and hope someone has left some wine in the bottom of it.

Seriously only in KCC would this happen :-(
worriedmama

Post by worriedmama »

Hi

Have spoken to someone high up? at KCC & they have explained that the date for finding out scores had indeed changed to Friday the 19th as they have decided this year that people that receive result by email would be at an unfair advantage. They said that by moving the date to Friday for score confirmation, everyone will find this info out on the same day.

I really cannot bear this as was hoping if worse comes to worse & DD fails, I could find out the next day from HT how close we were for appeal. (clutching at straws possibly?).
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

I have just had this confirmed by KCC as well. I am so cross :x
doodles

Post by doodles »

I really can't see how it gives anybody an advantage to know their scores on Thursday and not Friday! It's just a cop out by Kent in case they miss the post on Wednesday and it gives snail mail a chance to catch up.

What with the change in score etc etc it's beginning to look just a little shambolic to me!
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

I think its disgusting that they`ve done this at the last minute...why couldn`t they do it weeks ago, or leave it untul next time and change it up front....but 48hrs before????

And what difference does 24hrs make in the grand scheem of things when it comes to appeals? i appealed with DD1, we knew she`d failed on the wednesday, we didn`t get her score for a whoe 7 days....our appeal was successful...

What advantage is there?

I am beyond cross.....and I don`t actually need my scores :twisted: :twisted:
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

AND..why are we finding out like this and not in a fair way....surely we`re at an "advantage" over the people who don`t come on here because we know.....and they don`t.....that`s not fair either

Rant over :oops:
Shevek

Post by Shevek »

So, does this mean that the HT cannot tell us the scores till Friday?

I thought we would be able to speak to HT on Weds eve to get the scores...

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

My rant far from over! I can't believe how cross I am. Hopefully my ds school will completely ignore this recent advice. Does anyone know why they have changed the date for the letters being sent out? Quie clear in all the information on the KCC site that letters go on 17th by first class post
doodles

Post by doodles »

But I suppose they can't rely on the post arriving on Thursday! However, as the letters don't even contain the score what's the issue. Those that opted for snail mail can get pass/fail and scores from head all at the same time on Thursday. I really don't see what the issue is.
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

doodles wrote:But I suppose they can't rely on the post arriving on Thursday! However, as the letters don't even contain the score what's the issue. Those that opted for snail mail can get pass/fail and scores from head all at the same time on Thursday. I really don't see what the issue is.
You are, of course, speaking wisdom from your bucket Doodles....I think its the principal TBH
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now