Telling the kids they haven't passed.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
didcot2002

Re: Telling the kids they haven't passed.

Post by didcot2002 »

neurotic kent mum wrote:System may be wrong. Please don't beat up the parents. Sometimes we are blamed for pressurising and sometimes for not pressurising enough and then when they don't succeed we are blamed for not encouraging them to work or for doing too much. Being a parent is so difficult and mostly we are just trying to do our best.
But I don't know the situation you are commenting on
I am a parent!! And I have done my best within a prejudicial system..
theonly1

Post by theonly1 »

VP, well done to your daughter as she has done really well. I'd say appeal is the way forward and where you live will determine what to do. I hope it works out well in the end for you and your daughter.
theonly1

Post by theonly1 »

didcot2002, well done to your child for doing well and hope she enjoys and celebrates her achievements. I have really benefitted from this forun as it opens up a whole lot of insights. Some parents are perceived as pushing their children for the wrong reasons. In essence parents and their actions could be misconstrued. For some parents, the GS option ensures that the liitle ones will not have to attend secondary schools that are known to be failing. My boy was encouraged to work hard because I explained the advantages of a GS education which could be misinterpreted by others as pressure. This motivated him as he has done well and is now enjoying and taking ownership of his success. I hope this little girl's mum can see that she worked hard and comfort her daughter.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now