Travel from Wye to Simon Langton Boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
womanofkent

Travel from Wye to Simon Langton Boys

Post by womanofkent »

Your help needed please. I have poured over bus timetables, spent time on websites and really need help from an actual person/people!

Does your child travel there and how do they get in on time? I can find buses to Canterbury Bus Station but no connections. I know Poynters used to pick up before they went to Petham but have been told to stop as the bus became overloaded. There is a bus from Challock and that takes about an hour, is it realistic or too far? How do your children cope?

It really is his school of choice so am trying my hardest to find out.

thanks
U400JB9

Re: Travel from Wye to Simon Langton Boys

Post by U400JB9 »

No connection from the bus station to the school? They can walk, most of them do, or there is a bus that runs from the bus station to Langton Girls and St Anselms and I think some of the boys get on that.

My DD regularly walks from the Girls Langton to the bus station
womanofkent

Post by womanofkent »

thanks I will look into the St Anselms bus because that goes through my village not sure if it stops but know where it does locally, he's a great little walker so if possible that won't bother him :D

Found a 951 bus that leaves the bus station in time. just looked at google walking and is 30 mins from town think it is about 10mins away from SLGirls. There are some footpaths in the grounds that link with the hospital area so may just have to go and walk it myself!
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

The girls school is further away from the bus station.....its right next to St Anselms and the park and ride place.

I`m pretty sure the boys school, you can cut through the grounds of K&C Hosp and come out much further down the road.

Before we moved DD left the girls school at approx 15:50 and got on the 16:10 bus home. ( now the No 11 bus stopps outside the girls school :) )

If he can get on the St Anselms school bus great, what I meant was there is a shuttle bus from the schools to the bus station and vice versa.......I`m sure DD sometimes catches it with the boys so it must stop there.

She`s off into town after school today, I`ll ask her when she gets home
womanofkent

Post by womanofkent »

thank you :D
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

Dizzy daughter says the boys shuttle bus is the 951 and it takes them from school to the bus station and up to school in the mornings.

Its not the same bus as the girls ( look of distain from DD) they have their own :shock: :shock: :shock: ( they do share discos though!!!!)

Hope that helps
womanofkent

Post by womanofkent »

thank your daughter, yes I heard about the discos from the boys that showed me around! they seemed very keen on them :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now