11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Jini

The best start in Life? ITV News

Post by Jini »

I thought I'll share this if it's allowed
25 hours of 11+ tutoring per week? :shock:
6am tutoring for a 6 year old? :shock:
3 years old doing Kumon? :shock:
Parents saying "if you fail the exam your life will not be worth living" :shock:

Enough said!

http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=327517" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dlb

Re: The best start in Life? ITV News

Post by dlb »

These parents are at one remote, ridiculous end of the tutoring spectrum! Madness....!!!
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
tigger2

Re: The best start in Life? ITV News

Post by tigger2 »

Hmmmm...might be extreme but it is not unusual..in both dc's classes in years 4 and 5 it has been usual to employ the services of at least 2 tutors but in dd's class many had 3 (2 for 11+ and 1 for maths) ,prior to that they have done the kumon maths thing and parents concentrate on getting them well placed in out of school music and sports clubs. Parents I met when ds was being tutored differed so much in attitude but quite a few children were under very great pressure. One mum said that she would be so ashamed if her ds didn't pass and went to the local non selective...she said this in front of her son. Not all parents are like this but there must have been a problem in our year 6 because of things dd was coming home and telling me. The school very quietly arranged a lovely afternoon with former pupils who were on an inset day a few weeks ago who were at the non selectives and able to tell year 6 just how great it was. Interestingly no one from the gs's was asked and when one was volunteered was told it was invitation only !! :wink:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now