Snow

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
doodles

Re: Snow

Post by doodles »

Chipstead calling...

We have about 3 to 4 inches of snow and it is still snowing lightly. Getting very very cold now so it will be freezing.

Am wondering whether the school bus will run tomorrow - it mainly services TWGSB, Bennett and Skinners (Skinners is open if you can get their safely) but can't find out if Bennett are open - I am wondering if they will run the bus if 2 out of 3 schools are shut. Does anybody know if Bennett are open?
Shevek

Post by Shevek »

I'm in Dartford.

Friday's snow was practically gone.

It's been snowing non stop here since 8.30 am and I'd guess around 3 to 4 inches
tonbridgemum

Post by tonbridgemum »

Bennett closed.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

neurotic kent mum wrote:I need to know if the trains will run tomorrow morning. And if they do run, will school be open because if the school closes and I have gone to work it will be difficult. Also will my child minder get to me in the morning. I do like snow but it just causes endless worry! NB - Not actually expecting an answer to my questions but feeling better for sharing my worry!
If you go to National Rail Enquiries (http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_far ... ml#Twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), you can sign up for alerts for your local rail company / specific journey.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
doodles

Post by doodles »

Have found the facebook page for the bus company so can follow that now.

Suddenly got very cold here and STILL snowing - unbelievable.
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

TGS open if you can travel safely.
committed

Post by committed »

Judd closed... supposedly they are posting work online to do at home for every scheduled lesson.....I really thought they would open as the roads are absolutely fine around here.

Very happy son, less happy parents - who are now going to toss a coin and see which one of us gets to annoy our boss and which one stays at home!
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

Well train was on time. Shocked. Many thanks toadmum for the link, I am now receiving lots of email alerts from national rail.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

neurotic kent mum wrote:Well train was on time. Shocked. Many thanks toadmum for the link, I am now receiving lots of email alerts from national rail.
:)

Yes, they can make one feel a little like The Most Popular Girl in the Fourth, especially in this weather or in the run-up to everything shutting down early on Christmas Eve :lol:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now