TGS changing admission criteria

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

neurotic kent mum

TGS changing admission criteria

Post by neurotic kent mum »

Taken from Surrey site:
Sally-Anne, you are right that Tonbridge also gave admissions on highest score basis, but 115 places to the girls residing within Kent selective admission area, and upto 35 seats to girls from outer areas; also from 2014, they are narrowing their catchment area to 3 councils only within Kent County.

In fact, as this school is in the middle of the proposed catchment area and a large number of Kent children score 420/420, only the girls from the immediate area outside of Tonbridge council catchment (towards Horley to the West and Staplehurst to the East) are likely to be eligible for the OOC places from 2014.

http://www.tgs.kent.sch.uk/admissions/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And it does make interesting reading as it takes a number of places out of catchment which had been in catchment.
westkent

Re: TGS changing admission criteria

Post by westkent »

Having gone to the TGS website and read it there, it seems that the opposite will also be true and some areas that were not in catchment before, will now be so. Can think of much of the Cranbrook catchment area, for instance.
neurotic kent mum

Exactly what I was thinking - and Goudhurst and Paddock Wood - all previously out of catchment. I am glad I am through this. It will be interesting to see what happens when/if Cranbrook goes to 11.
klmh1968

Post by klmh1968 »

Sorry if i am sounding rather thick here but i cannot find anything on TOGS website regarding the catchement areas. I'm rather keen to find out what parts, if any, of Cranbrook may be included for 2015 onwards.

Thanks
Karen
westkent

Post by westkent »

If you click on NKM's link above, then go to bottom of page and click on Admissions for 2014, its all there.

Good Luck.
neurotic kent mum

If you pay council tax to Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge or Sevenoaks you will be in catchment. Find admissions and see the new areas.
neurotic kent mum

Sorry wkm - posts crossed!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now