11 plus confusion!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

starfish

11 plus confusion!

Post by starfish »

Hello
I am a bit confused about the 11 plus. My child is about to start year 6 in September. I live in the Tunbridge Wells area so I presume the 11 plus will be made up of VR, NVR and maths - is that correct? As far as English is concerned (his weakest of the two) what is the best practice for him? I have seen the books in Smiths, are the Bond papers the ones we should be doing?

Thanks, any help much appreciated.
Starfish

Post by Guest »

Yes, correct as to the papers. Kent use NFER multiple choice. You can get them from WH Smith or off this site. There is also an English writing test but it is only looked at in the event of a fail in the other papers where there is a headteacher's appeal.

If you look through other threads on this section of the forum you will find more info. It is the general Kent test used across most of the county that applies to you. Your son will receive the 2008 admissions booklet near the start of next term. As well as details of the application procedure, schools' admission policies and open days it should also confirm what 11+ papers will be set. There is always an outside chance that they will be different from previous years.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now