Maths-I am looking for the text telling the basics required

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
peter45

Maths-I am looking for the text telling the basics required

Post by peter45 »

Somewhere in the Kent region of 11+ there is a section that tells me the basics required for the 11+ Maths. it is written as a list. I really want to read it again but cannot find it. Does anyone know where it is?
hermanmunster

Re: Maths-I am looking for the text telling the basics requi

Post by hermanmunster »

there is this list http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/advice/maths" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but not sure that it is kent specific - maybe there is another one somewhere...
mystery

Post by mystery »

Don't know but I wouldn't trust it. Which year are you preparing for? If it is this year don't the 8 gl assessment practice papers give you the best indication?
DaddyOh

Post by DaddyOh »

It's supposed to be based on what they will have done at school so take a look at what's in KS2. As mystery says if it's for this year then the best option is to look at the 8 practice papers that are available.

Some topics appear in almost every paper (often multiple times) but others appear only once across all 8 papers.

If it's for 2014-16 (which the new test will cover) it is still supposed to be based on what they will have done at school so it's unlikely to be very different in the topics it covers but how it will be tested we don't know as yet.

DaddyOh
mystery

Post by mystery »

And quite why telling us it's about what they will have covered at school is useful I really don't know; this varies so much. 2014 - anybody's guess. 2013 - simple - read through all the GL assessment practice papers.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now