Shepway Test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
U400JB9

Re: Shepway Test

Post by U400JB9 »

I do live in the area, and the very fact that Folkestone is under subscribed makes me wonder why they would pitch their test on the same day as a grammar with an excellent track record, unless they are hoping some people will see them as the safer option. Which defeats the object of being a grammar school.
I appreciate the Folkestone area is not densly populated and has quite a high immigrant population who wont be attending either grammar.
Personally, if I had to chose, I`d chose Dover hands down.
As Folkestone have a high number of pupils who didn`t pass and get in on appeal , that would make me think I could appeal there if I didn`t get Dover.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Does that happen to the top set at every true comprehensive? Does it happen at Bennett Memorial in Tunbridge Wells for example? I can imagine it does happen a lot of places. But it went on at my highly selective girls school - between set 3 and set 1 to a degree - the difference between a complete string of As or a string of As with a small number of Bs and Cs thrown in for good measure. Kids can be nasty everywhere - some schools seem to breed a nicer culture than others.

No I'm not saying that the East Kent grammars should really turn comprehensive, but coming up with clashing test dates is a shallow trick.
mystery

Post by mystery »

It's a pity none of the immigrant population does get the opportunity to go the grammars in the area. Like any population there will be grammar material there, and it doesn't take children that long to pick up a language they are immersed in. Shame.
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

I agree mystery, and alother of them have places in decent primaries too so maybe they will start coming through the system at some point
Azure

Post by Azure »

Hi
See the link below.

The Shepway test is happening on Sat 13/9, which doesn't really help me because I home educate my DS and he will have to sit the Kent Test OOC on Sat 13/9 anyway. :(