Bennett Admissions Criteria

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ToadMum

Re: Bennett Admissions Criteria

Post by ToadMum »

tonbridgemum wrote:I wonder if they do fill all the official 15 places they allow for 'other faith' :shock: would be fascinating to know which non christian parents apply to a C of E school.
DD (yr7) helped out at parents' evening at a local C of E primary school to "man" an information desk, promoting her secondary school, and was intrigued by the number of overtly Muslim pupils there. Possibly a product of the convenience of the location of the primary school in an area where there is a (relative) concentration of Muslim families, combined with a drop in the number of "card-carrying C of E" families requesting a faith school place; alternatively a question of any faith school being better than a secular one?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

twellsmum wrote:I have seen a few Moslem girls in Bennett uniform, they wear the headscarf. Wonder if atheism would count as a faith? After all it is a belief that there is no god.
Personally, I answer the question "Religion?" on forms with "None" - as far as I am concerned, atheism is definitely not a religion! DH and DD seem to have joined the FSM movement, though (Flying Spaghetti Monster, not Free School Meals :lol: ); I wonder whether that would count for oversubscription criteria purposes??
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
doodles

Post by doodles »

toadmum, think you may be safer with Jedi :lol:

Less flippantly will the pressure on Bennett places be less when trinity opens I wonder?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now