what to pack...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ToadMum

Re: what to pack...

Post by ToadMum »

DS1's school kit list didn't specify swimming trunks under shorts - I always assumed when I saw it on other lists that it was a modesty-in-the-showers thing, but according to DH it's to do with support, if you see what I mean :)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Twinkle

Post by Twinkle »

Sorry cazbar. I don't know how I managed to type my response into the quote of your post - too early in the morning. But hopefully you can read my response in my earlier post if that makes sense.
cazbar

Post by cazbar »

Thank you all so much that's very helpful :D
OOCmum

Post by OOCmum »

Hi doodles, hi all,

Yes, ds did go to pre-season training, he enjoyed it I think, although got an elbow in his face within seconds :-(

Ds will go for school food to start with, mainly so there's less to carry.

On day one am sending him in with all his pe kit, hope that's right... But we only have rugby boots and one pair of trainers, am I supposed to get him two pairs, what have you done?

Xx
doodles

Post by doodles »

I will be sending him with just the rugby shirt, shorts, socks, boots and gum guard but not white shorts or our delicious white running vest!!! That white one is a real Chariots of Fire look - not for the faint hearted - DS1 looks hideous in it as he is also blonde and fair skinned :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Cazbar - another year 9 judd mum here (can't believe he's about to enter year9 already!), plus new year 7 mum at different boys Gs

My judd son has four school bags!
1) messenger bag for school books etc
2) rucksac - for 'small' pe days eg. Gym kit and shoes
3) holdall shaped sports bag - for when he has to take rugby kit, indoor and outdoor kit etc
4) cricket bag - not necessary but we said we would get him one if he ever played in the school team. Having not played alot of cricket before, we thought our purse strings were safe. He got picked to play the next week!
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

Thanks for all the help here. I now have some idea of what is needed and the bags needed. it is so reassuring. Thank you to all of you who know for taking the time to post.
womanofkent

Post by womanofkent »

DS was told at induction for his school that colouring pencils are required for geography, we have a very set equipment and uniform kit with a penalty card system, 5 bad marks within a term for wrong uniform or missing equipment leads to 1 hour detention, then 1 hour after school and 2 hours on a Friday. DS has packed an extra pencil case to put in his locker (we need £5 on first day) and emergency money is also in case he needs to buy anything from school office due to it going missing during the school day. Due to changes with the catering contract we need money each day for lunches, I never normally have much on me so that is going to be interesting. Going to ring school tomorrow to ask about pe kit.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

No point packing a phone it seems.
First day today. Told DD to text me when she got to school.

Did she?
What do you think?
:roll:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now