How did it go today?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

fred

Re: How did it go today?

Post by fred »

Georgie/Chococat

Seems that there's quite a few of us with twins. Wish I had known earlier, we could have compared notes. Wish you guys all the best as I know how stressful it has been
Maddiebean

Post by Maddiebean »

The feeling seems to be all round that maths paper was a hard one. Of course that means it was hard for everyone so it doesn't really matter!

Thank heavens it's over.

Bexley and Newstead left for dd but they don't feel as big a hurdle as the kent test.
TestingTimes

Post by TestingTimes »

bexamy, my son is saying the same as your daughter. He is very strong at maths but says he didn't like this paper at all
bexamy

Post by bexamy »

TestingTimes wrote:bexamy, my son is saying the same as your daughter. He is very strong at maths but says he didn't like this paper at all
Phew! Maths is her strongest subject I thought if anything was going to trip her up it would have been nvr it puts my mind at rest that others found it hard too.
Maddiebean

Post by Maddiebean »

So emails after 4pm on 16th October? Is that how it works? I'm sure I heard someone say they got theirs in the morning by accident!

Anyone else know?
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

A couple of years back the emails did arrive early. However, they generally arrive from 4pm-ish onwards in a completely random order. Some people will get theirs by 4.30pm, afters much later. When you get your result bears no resemblance on whether you have passed or failed, high score or low score. It's a matter of waiting and passing that refresh button.
Maddiebean

Post by Maddiebean »

Thanks! I should imagine I'll be pressing the refresh button fairly (ahem :lol: ) regularly on that day!
klmh1968

Post by klmh1968 »

My DS asked his headteacher in the morning of the 11+ test results and she told him. She then called me. Fortunately he was very pleased with his results otherwise it could have been a little tricky! The email from KCC only tells you if your DC has passed and not the scores so you will need to speak to the headteacher anyway to find out the results in depth. If you are lucky they will tell you in the morning; I've since learned that the Head Teachers find out the results much sooner anyway.

I can empathise with you all. Waiting for the results is the worst bit!!
parent2013

Post by parent2013 »

I guess this thread is on Kent exam. My DS said:
* Maths was easier than Olave and has cracked all questions. Only 2 questions troubled him a little. (I expected this considering that numeracy is his forte)
* VR was ok. only doubtful for 3 questions.
* NVR easier than GL. Time wasn't an issue.
* Creative writing - 1 hr was plenty to write and many optiosn to choose from.

Overall, it was the duration of the entire test which is exhausting for 10-11 year old.

I am keeping fingers crossed for results to come out.
Iceskatingtracing

Post by Iceskatingtracing »

Oh dear, I've been lurking here for a while. I can't decide whether I want to know the results or remain happily oblivious!
My DS said he thought the non verbal reasoning was the hardest, then the verbal and then the maths. He tends to make some silly mistakes with maths so I am guessing he probably did half of the problem and saw his answer on the sheet and merrily put a line in the wrong box!
It's a good job they are not worrying about it as much as us. I don't even trust my 10 year old to make a cup of tea and suddenly he's concentrating for 5 hours on trying to pass such an important exam! I can feel my stress levels rising as the 16th gets nearer! Help!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now