Start of term at new free school in sevenoaks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mystery

Start of term at new free school in sevenoaks

Post by mystery »

The articles and photos in the local news and on the Trinity School website all look very appealing. Hope those 92 children are settling in well there.

Anyone got any news on the Knole site for the free school and/or the grammar school?
pheasantchick

Re: Start of term at new free school in sevenoaks

Post by pheasantchick »

It's all gone very quiet on the Sevenoaks Gs front. I've just looked at the campaign website. There been no new news since July 15.
mystery

Post by mystery »

We have just received a letter saying that the Knole East site is being leased out in part by the new Christian Free School so that it can have a permanent location from September 2015. It also talks about possible site sharing with the grammar annex - see below.

With 92 children having started at this school this year despite all the negative publicity it will be very popular by September 2015 one would guess.

Dear Headteachers,

Permanent Site Announcement
I am proud to announce that the Government and Kent County Council have entered into an agreement to lease part of the Wildernesse/Knole East site to Trinity School. We will move to our permanent home in September 2015.

A planning exhibition showing the future plans for the Wildernesse/Knole East site will be held from 3.30pm – 9pm on Monday 16th September at Donnington Manor Hotel, London Road, Dunton Green, Sevenoaks, TN13 2TD. The exhibition will show how Trinity could share the site with the proposed grammar annexe if this is approved by the Government.

I am confident that our temporary site here at Ryedale Court will serve us well over the next two years. I know that the new permanent site will prove to be an excellent permanent home and an asset to the local community.

I would like to remind you that we have Open Days on 7, 8, 9 October from 9.30 – noon and 8 October 6pm – 9.30pm. There is no need to book for these events. We also have an Enrichment Day for Year 6 children on Saturday 28 September; we have a morning and afternoon session. Any parents who would like to book a session for their child should contact Kate Hockey: khockey@trinitysevenoaks.org.uk.

I would be grateful if you could circulate this information to your parents. As always if you have any questions regarding the above please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely

Mr Matthew Tate

And also this talking about the kind of sharing the two schools could do:

http://trinitysevenoaks.org.uk/index.ph ... -confirmed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don't know where this places the tennis academy proposals!
mystery

Post by mystery »

Mods, would it be possible to change the title of this thread please to something like "possible site share between Grammar Annex and new Free School in Sevenoaks"
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

I`m not local to Sevenoaks, but surely a site, even facilities share, is the best possible outcome for the area?
klmh1968

Post by klmh1968 »

I'm so pleased that Trinity has got off to a good start opening this Term. It is incredibly impressive the way the Headmaster has dealt with the "on-going Schools saga in Sevenoaks". He's dealt with the whole thing in a very mature and professional way. It says a lot about the way the school will be run. It is a shame that I'm no longer local to Sevenoaks because I would seriously consider the school for my DD.

Re the Tennis Academy; since we've not heard anything else I would assume that it is not going to materialise. Perhaps the Sevenoaks Grammar Campaign were caught up in Wimbledon/Murray fever?
Emmie-Lea

Post by Emmie-Lea »

I have removed this post- apologies
Last edited by Emmie-Lea on Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Well that's a pity if that's the case. I thought maybe they had split the 92 across 4 classes because I know that the class sizes are less than 30. The applications just have to be higher next year as there is not all the stuff about whether they had planning permission for the office site, and whether or not they have a permanent location.

I think they should get some children transferring in from other schools this year too.

Also, if the school population is going up in this part of the world, logically they will have to have more children as the years go by?
Emmie-Lea

Post by Emmie-Lea »

I have removed this post-apologies
Last edited by Emmie-Lea on Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mystery

Post by mystery »

It is probably the wrong side of the "border"!