Are head teachers allowed to disclose marks?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mystery

Re: Are head teachers allowed to disclose marks?

Post by mystery »

Ladymuck wrote:That is correct.

Kent doesn't of course run its school system for the benefit of those living OOC, so if enough OOC boys took Judd places I might expect to see a change in admissions policy for future years somewhere.
Surely admission authorities still have to treat school children fairly in the admissions process no matter which side of a county border a child lives. Doesn't anyone take heed of the Greenwich judgement any more? Judd is an academy too isn't it? It isn't run by Kent.

I might send my children out of Kent to school. Hope Surrey and Sussex aren't weird about Kent children the way some Kent people are about cross-border children .......... what is all this "countyness" about? Oh yes they are. I remember getting rubbish treatment when I drove up the road from here to a primary school which was over the border out of Kent and asked for a school application form and prospectus. She asked me where I lived and when I said, she talked to me as though I was doing an illegal act of some sort. I told her it was perfectly legal and went home clutching my prospectus wondering which planet I had moved to.

Not so many secondary schools are run by local authorities these days. Last time KCC tried to get the school adjudicator to get Judd etc to change their superselective admission policies to one of "Kent schools for Kent children" they failed. What is a Kent child anyhow? How long do you have to live here for to get the passport?
Bobmumof3

Post by Bobmumof3 »

My address is 'Kent' yet we are given the label 'OOC' !
All ridiculous IMO
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Bobmumof3 wrote:My address is 'Kent' yet we are given the label 'OOC' !
All ridiculous IMO

The Kent Test applies only to schools in the the KCC Local Authority

http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/fam ... entrds.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KCC is not responsible for Bexley or Bromley and Medway is a unitary Authority , so has its own testing arrangements.
Bobmumof3

Post by Bobmumof3 »

I realise that!
I mean OOC is the wrong term to use when you live in the county of Kent!
salsa

Post by salsa »

I believe OOC means out of catchment, not out of County?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Bobmumof3 wrote:I realise that!
I mean OOC is the wrong term to use when you live in the county of Kent!
apologies, so many people have questioned the area covered by Kent over the years , that I tend to err on the cautious side, maybe you could come up with a better acronym...

OOLA?
NIMLA?