kent results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
answermachine

kent results

Post by answermachine »

anyone out there got their results yet and have you got the school you wanted?

Good luck!
Proud Mum

Post by Proud Mum »

Yes and we are so happy!

419 out of 420!!!

My son is off to Skinners in September!
Anyone else got theirs?
mother

kent results

Post by mother »

Congratulations on your good news. Am not involved in 11plus this year but will be putting child forward for it. So pleased to hear good news, picking up all tips for own child. We are out of area at moment and seriously considering moving to be able to apply. Do you know what percentage of your child's classmates took 11plus, if so, how many passed and did they have tuition? Our children are at small independent school which has good academic record, but am becoming increasingly concerned that even the children who are acknowledged as very bright are taking tutors. I did not want to go down this path. I appreciate that children need to be familiar with papers but feel that they should also be able to get in on natural ability or they will struggle further down the line. We have Tonbridge Girls grammar as only option for out of area at moment, but if we move we could try for TWGGS. Well done to you anyway!
JO

Results

Post by JO »

After two sleepless nights my son passed and is off to his first choice TW Boys Grammar school saw headmaster today with son and was told he got maximum marks 140 on all three papers still in shock as he thought VR was very hard. Could have gone to Judd but who cares. Does anyone know what the pass mark is this year, was so shocked did not think to ask? :wink:

Post by Guest »

Kent pass mark was 119 this year.
Happy Parent

Post by Happy Parent »

Just got my daughter's results - got into Gravesend Grammar. We were expecting the worst, as the teacher at her junior school advised us that this year's test was harder than it has been for years. We are just so happy for her. Can heave a big sigh of relief. Really feel so sorry for the kids who haven't passed, they all deserve to, as I dare say they all put a lot of effort in & especially feel for those parents, who no doubt will have lots more sleepless nights. Good luck to all who are still waiting to hear. :D :D :D
Torfeus

Re: kent results

Post by Torfeus »

answermachine wrote:anyone out there got their results yet and have you got the school you wanted?

Good luck!
Have heard that a number of kids who have had years of tutoring and were odds on to pass, have in fact failed due to the increased test difficulty this year. There has been a head's appeal for 2 of these kids. How can the parents appeal add anything to a failed heads appeal?
Does anyone know what the criteria are, for parents to appeal. Is there a published guide - the County Ed Authority can give no assistance on this.
Happy Mum

Post by Happy Mum »

OUR APOLOGIES: THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN EDITED BY FORUM ADMIN IN ACCORDANCE WITH FORUM RULES ON EXTERNAL COMMERCIAL LINKS

Not too sure of the actual procedure - didn't really want to look into it, unless we had to. You could try looking on a website I stumbled across - ********* offering information etc, there is also a book you can buy, which the web page gives details on. Good luck
Torfeus

kent results

Post by Torfeus »

Happy Mum,
Thank you so much for trying to provide info on parental appeals. To save breaching the forum rules would you be kind enough to send the website adress to *****@****** - I am really desperate for help on parental appeals. (As long as my mail address is not removed by the forum admin.) Or would you be able to give some clue as to how I can find this website without you giving the actual link.
Many thanks.

[Above email address removed after user request - Forum Admin]
Happy Mum

Post by Happy Mum »

Torfeus

Tried to email you the web adress, but for what ever reason unable to do so. Is there an alternative for you?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now