2017 Kent Test Scores Report

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

kent2017_mum

2017 Kent Test Scores Report

Post by kent2017_mum »

KCC has published Test score report on their website. Is it the latest score, or last year?
phina1

Re: 2017 Kent Test Scores Report

Post by phina1 »

There were only 2 there last time I looked, so yes, I think it is this years.
worriedmum2017

Post by worriedmum2017 »

Hi Everyone,
I just checked the chart for Dartford Boys on the Kent site where score taken last was 318 but quite a lot between 350-360 range . I assume these are in catchment scores . Can someone explain whether I am right in assuming that ? If that's the case then anyone who has scored more than say 350-360 or even higher at the moment as OOC can shift to Kent by December and apply for the school place and quite likely they might get an offer either from Dartford or Wilmington .
We are just weighing all our options and thinking the best possible for us . DS might not be on the initial list of OOC for Dartford as this year i assume it might be 390-392 but offcourse if we move in by December then even a lower score gives us a good option as well .
Any guidance will be highly appreciated .
Idoknow

Post by Idoknow »

Worriedmum2017,

Congratulations to your son on passing the Kent test. :D

Moving into Dartford Council area would boost chances of gaining an entry into Dartford Boys Grammar - I looked at the scores chart and it seems from score 405 upwards there are 85 OOC boys. At the same time there are 6 such local Dartford boys. Asuming none of OOCs moves into the local area and they all apply for Dartford Grammar, they would most probably all get an offer... Dartford Grammar offers 90 places to best scoring local boys and the rest of them go onto the second list together with OOC boys, where they are ranked together again - local boys below score 354 (this year) would probably not get an offer if on the list with OOC boys simply because there are more of the OOCs with higher score than 354. This is assuming all the local boys above 354 score apply to Dartford Grammar and all the OOCs do, too.
I suppose it also depends what was your child's score and if you were thinking of any other Kent grammar school..... bearing in mind that, apart from Dartford Grammar, there is possibly one more school in Kent which has places for OOC boys regardless of distance.
My advice would be (unles your boy had a very high score) to look into moving to Dartford area sooner rather than later - Dartford Grammar is a very, very popular school for many reasons.
salsa

Post by salsa »

worriedmum2017 wrote:Hi Everyone,
I just checked the chart for Dartford Boys on the Kent site where score taken last was 318 but quite a lot between 350-360 range . I assume these are in catchment scores . Can someone explain whether I am right in assuming that ? If that's the case then anyone who has scored more than say 350-360 or even higher at the moment as OOC can shift to Kent by December and apply for the school place and quite likely they might get an offer either from Dartford or Wilmington .
We are just weighing all our options and thinking the best possible for us . DS might not be on the initial list of OOC for Dartford as this year i assume it might be 390-392 but offcourse if we move in by December then even a lower score gives us a good option as well .
Any guidance will be highly appreciated .
Hi,
The spreadsheet only shows the children who were deemed suitable for grammar (passed). So, those with a score of less than 320 had their headmaster appeal for them. This list does not mean that those boys will all apply for Dartford Grammar, as there is also Wilmington in the area. It doesn't also mean that those are the ONLY children living in Dartford at the moment and who will apply for the school. These are children who go to a Dartford school. * So, there will be Dartford children currently going to an independent school or, as Dartford is in the boarders, who go to a Bexley school. As allocations go on residence, these children do not appear on this section of the spreadsheet.

Just to give you an idea, last year the cut off was 352, if you add up all those Dartford boys on the 2016 spreadsheet with a score greater or equals than 352, you get 78 and we know that 352 was the cut off of 90 children. Take into consideration all those who went to Wilmington and the figures do not add up.

In short, depending on you son's score, if you move in area, you will also have to make sure that you are in catchment for, and that you like, Wilmington and Gravesend.

According to the spreadsheet for 2017, there were 102 children with a score of 352 or above, so, if things were to be like last year, the 352 cut off for in area children is likely to increase.

Salsa
*Edit: At least this is what the spreadsheet has shown in the past.
FortyNinePence

Post by FortyNinePence »

salsa - the opening tab of the spreadsheet shows grammar assessed, go to the top left and see tabs for high school assessed and total.
salsa

Post by salsa »

FortyNinePence wrote:salsa - the opening tab of the spreadsheet shows grammar assessed, go to the top left and see tabs for high school assessed and total.
Thanks, I am aware of the other tabs. However, my whole comment is about the fact that those shown in the Dartford row (of the grammar assessed tab) are the children who went to Dartford primary schools, not all the children who live in Dartford and were grammar assessed or those that the school gave places to*. So, this spreadsheet may be misleading as there will be a considerable amount of children who also live in Dartford and who will apply for DGS, but who do not show on that row. This is because they went to independent schools, were home schooled or went to Bexley schools. (They are counted in the OOC row) This of course, without counting those who will move into the area before 8th December.

*The school gave 90 places to local children scoring 352 or above last year (September 2017 entry)

Salsa
bellabelly

Post by bellabelly »

Took me ages to find on the Kent website so posting a link for ease of future reference.
http://www.kent.gov.uk/education-and-ch ... test#tab-5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;