raw scores and mark achieved in kent test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

vicusplum

raw scores and mark achieved in kent test

Post by vicusplum »

Have just got sons raw score in maths and as he achieved 76% going by the judd information he should have got a score of 141 but his was quite a bit lower. he is a september child so i know the scores are standardised but surely not by very much. can anyone shed any light on this. I remember there was something on here about what was required to get top marks for different ages , anyone know where it is? Many Thanks
Tigertiger

Re: raw scores and mark achieved in kent test

Post by Tigertiger »

Hiya, can I ask, is your child currently attending an independent school/prep school?
wildflower

Post by wildflower »

Hi, I think for sept children it was about 80%?
How did you get your raw scores? KCC told me they wouldn't be available until next week.
vicusplum

Post by vicusplum »

I got the raw scores by emailing the admissions people as a mum at our school had already done it. Yes it looks like you need an even greater percentage to get top marks this year than you did last year i reckon it is probably about 84% this year! Is this because more and more kids are doing better? No my son doesn't go to a prep school just a normal state primary but it is a very good school and 41% of the children that took the test (nearly the whole class took it) passed. Sorry i cant remember who asked that question.