Discussion about preparation for the new Kent test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Essex2Kent

Re: Discussion about preparation for the new Kent test

Post by Essex2Kent »

They said more details in may... id rather know now to be honest as we are doing homework now.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Is it like to be anything more than G L vr and Nvr rolled up into one paper, and G L maths and English rolled up into the other paper?

What do we think?
Essex2Kent

Post by Essex2Kent »

mystery wrote:Is it like to be anything more than G L vr and Nvr rolled up into one paper, and G L maths and English rolled up into the other paper?

What do we think?
Sounds like a plan to me, but cannot see how that is "tutor proof"
mystery

Post by mystery »

No, that's true. But the press release does not say that it is .... Hints that tutoring will be less effective than before.

Do we think g l is likely to bring out a whole stack of surprises?
Essex2Kent

Post by Essex2Kent »

mystery wrote:No, that's true. But the press release does not say that it is .... Hints that tutoring will be less effective than before.

Do we think g l is likely to bring out a whole stack of surprises?
Not sure, but they have to sell practice papers I hope - this tutoring does make me laugh... where does teaching end and tutoring start? I mean (and silly example) to learn to drive, you learn to walk... you learn to write and spell! Why can't you learn to do verbal reasoning!
mystery

Post by mystery »

One of the conditions in the tender document was that they do not sell practice papers. So I don't know whether this means that it will be entirely different from the current question types, or if two mix up papers picking on certain question types from the four different g l subjects ( vr, nvr, maths and English) and varying the time per question etc meets this criteria.
Essex2Kent

Post by Essex2Kent »

mystery wrote:One of the conditions in the tender document was that they do not sell practice papers. So I don't know whether this means that it will be entirely different from the current question types, or if two mix up papers picking on certain question types from the four different g l subjects ( vr, nvr, maths and English) and varying the time per question etc meets this criteria.
thanks for that....

So the poor kids taking it Sept 2014 will have nothing but those in 2015 and thereafter will at least have the past papers to go on.... and trust me the schools whether private or public or whatever will use those to teach the style at least.
mystery

Post by mystery »

I think the idea is that a past paper will not give you any idea what the next one will be like even if someone has cheated and kept a paper. Also, this test contract is for one year only.
MJMoore

Post by MJMoore »

On the surface this does all seem unfair - but then again, everyone taking the test will be in the same position. It's still making it all feel quite stressful though!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now