OOC Test at Norton Knatchbull Sept 2013

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mum24

OOC Test at Norton Knatchbull Sept 2013

Post by mum24 »

Did anybody else's child sit the Kent Test at Norton Knatchbull this year? My DS did, and when he came out he was exhausted and starving hungry. His bag of food was nearly full, so I asked why and he told me that they were only allowed to eat in one of the breaks!

I then said, "Oh well, at least it was only the English paper at the end", thinking it mattered the least. But they had actually done English first!! Followed by Maths, Verbal Reasoning and finally Non-Verbal Reasoning. So NVR was sat 1:15 - 2pm (ish - they came out at 2:05pm) without lunch!

I have contacted Kent admissions, who say that the order in which papers are sat is up to the test centre, and that the children at Norton Knatchbull were allowed a snack break and a lunch break. My son does not agree!

So, are there any other Norton Knatchbull candidates out there? And if so, did they leave the test extremely hungry? Did they think they were allowed to eat lunch?

Thanks for you help!
womanofkent

Re: OOC Test at Norton Knatchbull Sept 2013

Post by womanofkent »

I can't comment on this particular problem but I can tell you that when my son sat the Dover test last year which was on a Saturday morning having had the Kent Test papers the same week at his school, they were one after the other. At Dover they also have an extra English paper to the Kent test I think we had to arrive at 8.15-8.30am and then they worked until 1.30pm- 2pm with a short water break - no food allowed.

If it is any consolation my son got better results in that test.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now