A thread for those quaking about 3rd March

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
MadHatter

Re: A thread for those quaking about 3rd March

Post by MadHatter »

414 got my DS Judd ladymuck. Hope that helps.
rosered100+1

Post by rosered100+1 »

We got first choice of Skinners on 411. There was a rumour at DS school today of Skinners cut off at 406 - bet there are loads of rumours today, time will tell

PS I'm rosered100 from previous 5 yrs of use but had to reregister today ?!?
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Thank you!
West Kent Mum

Post by West Kent Mum »

According to Judd website:"The cut-off score for 2014 is 412 (with not all pupils with this score having been offered a place)."
Maddiebean

Post by Maddiebean »

Dd got her first choice. Happy bunny here :D

Friend's DS got skinners on 408.
edmum

Post by edmum »

Skinners on 407 !!! Happy days
Chrystelle

Post by Chrystelle »

We got our first choice, DD is going to the Weald of Kent. :)
Hedwig

Post by Hedwig »

I guessed Skinners first round would be 406 but was unsure about Judd. It will be interesting to see other entry scores as they come along.

Congratulations to those who have what they hoped for :D

Don't despair if your child hasn't got the place they wanted - this is the start as the waiting lists beging to shift.
cs13

Post by cs13 »

A Judd first round cut off score of 412 was as predicted in my posting on 7th November on the following thread:-

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 90#p411690" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

“These figures show that the theory of the person who started this thread is spot on - there are a lot less children who scored full marks this year (292) compared to last year (665). In fact, significantly less than half - so we have a thin tail this year.

“This was achieved by Kent increasing the raw scores needed to achieve full marks by approximately 8%. (The exact increase will become clear in the next few days when Kent finally release the raw score data). In fact, only 2.4% of children who sat the test scored full marks (292/12064), which has produced an historically high level of differentiation at the top end (which is Kent's unstated reason for hiking the scores required for full marks this year).

“This is of course good news for parents trying to get their children into the super selectives this year, because the required entry scores will drop significantly.

“Taking Judd as an example, last year the first cut entry score on 1st March was 417. This year, assuming that the same number of boys with the same ability apply for Judd, the first cut entry score will drop to 412 or 413.”
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

Does anyone know if Skinners has an in catchment/out catchment policy? I know of someone in Edenbridge with a 410 who did not get any of the boys' grammars and has been given Bennett. Has a mistake been made if the cut off seems to be 406?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now