A thread for those quaking about 3rd March

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bexamy

Re: A thread for those quaking about 3rd March

Post by bexamy »

Dreading it! Daughter passed both Kent and grammar test, but although I put down our nearest grammar school we are a great distance from it as we are so rural. There are going to be so many children that have passed that are much closer, filling the spaces. As our grammar has their own test too it increases the amount of closer applicants! Not feeling hopeful.
zvrk

Post by zvrk »

Waiting for 13 + Cranbrook test result (and counting hours), no email facility, letter sent on Monday, we hopefully get it on Tuesday.
Bobmumof3

Post by Bobmumof3 »

Good luck everyone. It'll be interesting to see what the cut offs will be this year with less scoring the top scores than normal.
I feel sick tbh, keep questioning the order I put down :-/ just hoping ds will be happy with the outcome!
Roll on Monday after school!
Maddiebean

Post by Maddiebean »

How annoying is it that some areas gave their results out already! I thought it was supposed to be national date. Grrrrrr.

Not long to wait now at least.
Chococat

Post by Chococat »

I am questioning my order now too!
I put down a non super selective grammar for my twins which they stand a good chance of getting.But if they don't,my second choice is a super selective which only one of them got a score high enough to get into.So if we don't get our first choice then one could end up with our second choice and the other our third!Not sure why this only dawned on me a couple of weeks ago!
Maddiebean

Post by Maddiebean »

Chococat - I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that there are special rules for twins and they will not be separated if they have the same schools preferences. I think it might be at the school's discretion in the selective process but according to Weald's admissions policy..

Current Family Association – A sister or brother attending Weald of Kent at the time the child starts. In this context sister or brother means children who live as sister or brother, in the same house including natural sisters and brothers, adopted siblings, stepsisters or brothers and foster sisters and brothers. If siblings from multiple births (twins, triplets, etc) apply for a school and the school would reach its Published Admission Number (PAN) after admitting one of more, but before admitting all of those siblings, a place will be offered to each of the siblings, even if doing so takes the school above its PAN.

I'm sure they will be fine :D
Maddiebean

Post by Maddiebean »

Dd starting to fret a bit here. Dh trying his best not to snigger or roll his eyes as I give my soothing mum speech about there being nothing to worry about, if she doesn't get the school she wants first time we have a very strong case for appeal (which the school has already said they would support) etc etc as he knows I am actually worrying constantly about it :oops:
Chococat

Post by Chococat »

Hello Maddie,
Thank you,I think I must like having something to worry about!My rational mind is telling me not to fret,as you say,I'm sure they will be fine.
I really hope you daughter gets the result she wants tomorrow,I am very lucky that my two don't seem in the slightest bit stressed so am not having to console them.Your husband sounds like mine.I suppose it's better to have one adult in the household with a chilled attitude!
Roll on tomorrow,fingers crossed for you. :D
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Thinking of you all.

If you don't get what you want, don't despair. I've got two ds's at grammar, neither were allocated their first choice on their allocation day. Dc1 got in on the waiting list ( to a super selective), and dc2 on appeal ( to a different Gs). It is possible.
Last edited by pheasantchick on Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chococat

Post by Chococat »

Thanks Pheasantchick!