Trinity school sevenoaks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

chimera-ma

Re: Trinity school sevenoaks

Post by chimera-ma »

Demolition is necessary, Mystery.

To compensate for less than wonderful spatial orientation skills when looking at plans, I've compared a satellite picture of the site as it currently is (Google Maps - the aerial map can be rotated) with the impressive video modelling the whole site (grammar annexe and Trinity) which you can access via the Trinity School website (Twitter posting for 3 August at the bottom of their homepage).

I'm pretty sure it's a new video; it's certainly much more detailed than the one I saw last year. Sorry I don't know how to reproduce the link here...

My last view of the inside of the Knole East building fronting Seal Hollow Road was in May when it was used as a European election polling centre. At that time it was in regular use by a preschool and a nursery/playgroup, both of which have since vacated the site.

The sports centre is run by Sencio out of school hours and during the holidays and is available for public hire. Sencio run the main leisure centre in central Sevenoaks and leisure centres elsewhere.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Gosh, Chimera-ma, your resourcefulness knows no bounds. Next time I need a Private Eye, you are the one!

So has Knole Academy used the site at all in the last year or so? Does Sencio have space in leisure centres elsewhere to replace the physical space they will lose on the former Knole East site?

And yes, what you say does tally with what I was told at the planning presentation. I think that both the new school buildings had to pretty much remain within the footprint of the old Knole school buildings so at least partial demolition would be necessary to build Trinity on its own ... it would look a little odd.

I hope Trinity comes out with some clear and positive statements soon. I presume that if KCC were to let the grammar issue delay the Trinity build then they would be at risk of the land being seized by central goverment under the Academy Act as it is not being used by a school and they only got themselves out of that fix, as I understand it, by agreeing to let the free school rent part of the plot for a peppercorn rent.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I think I need to re read this thread as I'm now considering this school as one of our options. We do go to church but not sure about catchments etc. Had a little drive round the car park today..needed to do a 50 point turn though in the 6 spaces !
doodles

Post by doodles »

Have you looked at the admissions policy Scarlett, there seems to be quite an emphasis on distance - I'm sure that the school would be able to tell you how far away they offered to this year, plus you could ask when they will start to measure distance from the wilderness site rather than the overhead site.
chimera-ma

Post by chimera-ma »

I think I can help on this one: admission to Trinity is already based on distance to the Wildernesse site.

Scarlett: I 'm sorry to say that you missed the main carpark altogether: it's closer to the corner of the A25 and Seal Hollow Road and is really quite roomy with rows and rows of car spaces!

I don't know any parents of current Trinity students. However, I have only heard good things locally about the school's progress in its first year and that will undoubtedly increase demand going forward.
mystery

Post by mystery »

If you attend church I think you would still be pretty likely to get in, wherever you live.

The reason we need some concrete information about the new school building or a plan b is because they need to be in it by September 2015. The current office block will be full when the new year 7 starts this September.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Sounds as if Scarlett was in the riverhead car park!!

I do know of at least one family who weren't offered Trinity for Sept 2013 entry but not sure if they applied for a church place or not. Having heard only good things about the school I think it's heavily subscribed.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Yes, sounds like it. Best to remain parked in the majestic wine warehouse after your purchases then wander over on foot to the school.
chimera-ma

Post by chimera-ma »

Trinity also have Tesco's agreement to parents using its carpark for drop-off and pick-up and I believe there is some form of 'safe crossing' patrol at the relevant times for crossing the busy London Road.

As Mystery says, there is no room at the current location to take a new year of entrants in 2015.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Ha ! you know me well Mystery ..drop your child off and then browse through the wine section. I've been doing that far too much lately though. Hmm. I'll have a look at the admissions criteria. Bennett is my back up plan but there's no guarantees there either. :(
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now