Cunning plan for a Weald of Kent grammar annex in 7oaks?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
JJ123

Re: Cunning plan for a Weald of Kent grammar annex in 7oaks?

Post by JJ123 »

mystery wrote:Yes, your letter states that - but the last proposal for an annexe failed and this was not just because of the single sex issue. The dfe sent a very detailed reply. Have you seen that? And I know you have read the dfe guidance jan 2014 on significant changes to academies ( of which this is two). Going co-ed is necessary, but not definitely sufficient.

Also, it doesn't increase the number of places for girls. How does this work?

And what about people from my area who would want the tonbridge site because it is a quicker journey on the train(although a longer distance) but will either be given the 7oaks site or the floating option?

If children do not float surely staff will have to, otherwise it starts to look like two school again. Will it be easy to recruit for that, or cost effective?

Why is it only current parents who are being consulted? They are the least affected and hardly likely to leave!

Did you ask all these things in your letter? Going co-ed is the least of the possible issues.
Yes i agree it will impact prospective girls significantly and i dont think you will be able to "select" sites. I believe that some primary schools in sevenoaks are being encouraged by their headteachers to lobby weald governors too ....
kent mum
mystery

Post by mystery »

What are they being asked to lobby them about?
JJ123

Post by JJ123 »

encouraging them to write to the weald governors if they have any views on weald going co-ed to enable an annexe school in sevenoaks.

Schools in question are in outer villages of sevenoaks often effected by no initial grammar allocation so am guessing they will largely be pro co-ed and for an annexe
kent mum
mystery

Post by mystery »

Will they have received the letter?
JJ123

Post by JJ123 »

The letter weald parents got ? not to my knowledge
kent mum
mystery

Post by mystery »

I haven't heard anything via our primary either. So maybe weald wanted to keep the notion in-house and test the waters there before consulting more widely. Who knows.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now