Levels 4/5? Suitable for 11plus?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
kal12003

Re: Levels 4/5? Suitable for 11plus?

Post by kal12003 »

Thanks mystery, will keep on with the bits we are doing at home & hopefully it will work out ok.
womanofkent

Post by womanofkent »

I personally think your child has nothing to lose by trying with you explaining that if she passes then great but if not at least she tried. It is hard to assess just from the scores especially as they don't appear to be official scores. The school my son went to did CAT tests at the beginning of year 5 and told us at that point whether they were likely to be suitable.

The thing is there is also some months between receiving the results and having to appeal if she didn't pass which is when you collate data and evidence. Also the difference sometimes between Sept year 6 and Sept year 7 could be the point at which it all clicks for your daughter and suddenly she is moving on in leaps and bounds.

As there is no entry fee put her in, what you need to consider is whether she can cope with the academic pressure from a grammar school, some are more pressurised than others. Whether she feels comfortable about going to one. The school you mentioned has a good reputation and I know many parents that are very happy. My friend's daughter was one point under in maths a few years ago but passed due to Head appeal and initially she struggled because previously she had been educated abroad with a different approach but by year 8 she was in top set, she loves it there.
kal12003

Post by kal12003 »

Thanks womanofKent, will definately put her in & then go from there. She is very eager & willing to learn and often asks for worksheets to do at home so I'd like to think she would cope. I guess only time will tell.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now