Shorter creative writing task for 2014

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
salsa

Re: Shorter creative writing task for 2014

Post by salsa »

Hi all,

I remember there was a thread last year with a list of the topics. I am having trouble finding it. Here is one I found though:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... ay#p108377" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'll keep looking. My son wrote a story every week. It is a pity that, unless your head master has to appeal, it is never read. It was helpful to improve his spelling and grammar though! He also got a taste for writing stories and is still enjoying writing them. Another "side effect" was that he did improve a lot for his SATS.

Cheers,
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

Thanks for that Salsa! I think having open ended story titles means my DS will be still there when the results come out. He hates writing stories; yet waffles on when he begins writing them ...
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
salsa

Post by salsa »

Hi fatbananas,
Unless you think he will be borderline and might require a head teacher's appeal, this may not be a problem!
Other schools only give 30 minutes for the exercise and that is what we got our son to prepare for, so he had a lot of time.
To begin with I would ask him to tell me the story, record it on my mobile and then play it back. He then had to write his story. That helped with writer's block!
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

Great tips, Salsa, thank you. :)
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.